The Abbotsford Centre offers a variety of rental opportunities ranging from our Premium Lounge to an NHL size hockey rink/dry floor facility. The venue has onsite catering through our in-house Food Services Department. When you book your event at the Abbotsford Centre, we become an extension of your team. Our team of technical experts are here to make your life easier and help you set up your event in the most effective and efficient way possible.
The Abbotsford Centre has an attendance capacity for events between 2550-6800. If you’re looking to host a large scaled event like a concert, ticketed sporting event or trade show, please CLICK HERE.
League and Tournament Rentals
Looking to make the Abbotsford Centre your league’s home rink? Want to set up a charity ball hockey or dodge ball event or host a corporate tournament? We can help! For any inquiries, please CLICK HERE.
Professional Meetings and Large Events
Our Premium Lounge is great for large events and/or professional meetings hosting up to 120 people. For any inquiries, please CLICK HERE.
An event inquiry does not guarantee reservation of the date or dates requested. All event arrangements should be considered tentative until a signed contract has been issued, executed, and a deposit is received. Abbotsford Centre will consider the following when evaluating booking requests:
• Income potential to the venue for the event
• Economic impact on the community
• Opportunity for development of repeat business
• Reputation of Abbotsford Centre as a venue for quality event programming
• Risk and liability for Abbotsford Centre and the public
• Promoter’s ability to successfully finance and produce the event
The primary purpose of Abbotsford Centre is to provide a first-class experience for entertainment, sports, and community events. Abbotsford Centre's booking priorities have been established to maximize revenues and usage while balancing the economic impact with the needs and desires of the Fraser Valley. Abbotsford Centre’s scheduling policy aims to maximize event bookings consistent with the following priorities:
Abbotsford Centre is the home of the Abbotsford Canucks, in which we held our Inaugural season in 2021/22. Our first priority will stay with the team during the AHL hockey regular and post season (October-June/July).
Our second priority is to make dates available for promoters and tour directors to promote high-attendance, revenue-producing events for the venue. Promotors/tour directors must be able to submit a prepaid deposit and date for a hold placement.
Promoter Hold Challenges
• Agreed upon events are put into the schedule on a hold basis, pending contract.
• A promoter may challenge a hold.
• Facility management must consider all options when holds are challenged
• Decisions will be made based upon our fiduciary responsibility to the venue.